This entry was posted on Saturday, January 8th, 2011 at 9:40 am and is filed under Operating System. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.
Service Pack 3 Description
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (XP SP3) fixes a range of bugs and adds new skin to Windows XP. The chafe is a large download and can be practical to any report of Windows XP Home, Professional, TabletPC or Media Center (32 bit only). However, you must have installed each Windows SP1 or SP2 before SP3.* Keep in thoughts that new patches made offered after Service Pack 3 was free (mid April 2008) will still poverty to be applied.
Important notes: Microsoft inform uninstalling any beta or Release Candidate versions before installing this last relief. Do not instate Service Pack 3 on systems with AMD chips save a special hotfix has been applied first. This hotfix wants to be applied before SP3, otherwise your method may get caught in a ring and never begin. Click here for the AMD Windows XP SP3 hotfix. The heading will download straight from Microsoft’s servers – you may want to shorten the march name.
The help of this ample download is that it can be worn on any scheme – advantage it doesn’t compel an Internet connection to position. You can download SP3, copy it to recording or a portable goad and use it on various PCs. Alternately, since the file is so vast, you can download SP3 on a gaining Internet connection and use it to renovate a PC with a thick or non-extant connection.
Windows XP Service Pack 3 (SP3) includes the next:
* All before sanctuary patches and fixes released for Windows XP.
* All enhancements and new features that were included with Windows XP SP1 and Windows XP SP2
* Only two new features have been added: Black Hole Router Detection Windows and Network Access Protection (NAP).
* The following was already available for Windows XP in place-unaided updates. Windows XP SP3 includes them by shirk (System administrators must want to establish each of these updates): MMC 3.0, MSXML6, Microsoft Windows Installer 3.1 v2, Background Intelligent Transfer Service (BITS) 2.5, IPsec Simple Policy Update for Windows Server 2003 and Windows XP, Digital Identity, Management Service (DIMS), Peer Name Resolution Protocol (PNRP) 2.1, Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2).
* From the Release Notes: “Microsoft is not adding significant functionality from newer versions of Windows, such as Windows Vista, to Windows XP through XP SP3. For command, Windows XP SP3 does not contain Windows Internet Explorer 7, though Windows XP SP3 does enter updates to both Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7, and it will modernize whichever version is installed on the computer. One notable exclusion is that, SP3 does include Network Access Protection (NAP).”
* *This next bit is free to get baffling. Microsoft closed supporting the early releases of Windows XP. You can’t pertain SP3 unless you have, at bare tiniest, Windows XP SP1a. However, Service Pack 2 includes all Service Pack 1a. So… If you have both Windows XP previous (with no Service Pack), you must mount Service Pack 2 first, followed by Service Pack 3. If you have Windows XP Service Pack 1a or Service Pack 2 already on your procedure, you can mount Service Pack 3 now.